Operate All The Digital & Voice Modes!
The SignaLink Model SL-1+ is the latest addition to the SignaLink line of sound card - radio interfaces. The new SL-1+ provides all the features of the original SignaLink, as well as many new advanced features and capabilities of its own. With full support for virtually all radio Mic, Data, and Accessory Ports, the SL-1+ can be attached to the back of the radio, so that you can keep your microphone plugged in! This permits easy switching from Phone to Digital operation, and provides the same basic functionality as other more expensive interfaces.
In addition to supporting all available Digital modes, the SL-1+ supports the latest Voice modes such as Internet Repeater Linking (Echolink, etc.), Remote Base, and Voice Keyer operation. Performance on these modes has been optimized by increasing the sensitivity of our Auto-PTT circuit, and by the addition of a front panel selectable Variable Transmit Delay. This delay is set at the factory for typical Voice applications, but can easily be adjusted to suit the operator's needs or preferences.
To simplify the installation of the SL-1+, and to help you take advantage of all that it has to offer, we stock fully assembled radio cables like the 6-pin mini-DIN connector (common Data connector - FT-817, FT897, FT857, IC-703, etc.). Standard RJ45 cables and cable with 8pole Mic connector are stocked as well. Ask for your cable!
The SignaLink SL-1+ comes fully assembled and tested. It employs "State Of The Art" Surface Mount construction, and Robotic Assembly for maximum performance and reliability. All components are of the highest quality, and every unit must pass stringent quality control and inspection standards. We invite you to compare every aspect of the SignaLink to other sound card interface products. We think you will agree that nothing else offers the same level of innovation, quality, and value!
- No Serial Port Required - All SignaLink models incorporate a unique Auto-PTT circuit that eliminates the need to connect to a computer Serial RS-232 Port like other units. The Auto-PTT circuit automatically detects transmissions from the sound card and activates the radio's PTT circuit. A front panel "Delay" switch is provided to select optimum triggering in Digital and Voice modes. Eliminating the Serial Port connection also substantially reduces the coupling of RF Noise between the computer and radio.
- Improved Auto-PTT Sensitivity NEW! - The SL-1+ offers a significantly more sensitive Auto-PTT circuit which insures compatibility with virtually all sound cards, including those with unusually low output levels (common on new laptops and some new desktops). This increased sensitivity also greatly improves performance on voice modes where the signal levels vary widely in amplitude.
- Complete Isolation - Unlike other interfaces "claiming" to provide isolation, all SignaLink models "truly" isolate your computer from your radio. This eliminates troublesome ground loops and prevents hum and noise from degrading the signals.
- Adjustable Receive and Transmit Audio Levels NEW! - Internal "TX Level" and "RX Level" controls insure compatibility with virtually all radio Mic, Data, and Accessory ports. In addition, these controls permit most users to set their Transmit Audio level one time, and then switch between Digital and Voice modes without having to re-adjust the radio's Mic Gain control. The Receive Audio level can also be set for "listening comfort", while still providing the correct signal level to the computer.
- Uses the Radio's Mic, Data, or Accessory Port NEW! - While the original SL-1 was designed specifically for use with the radio's Mic jack, the SL-1+ can be attached to your radios Mic, Data, or Accessory port! This permits most users to attach the SL-1+ to the back of the radio (Data or Accessory Port) and leave their microphone plugged in!
- Selectable Fixed or Variable Transmit "Hang Time" Delay NEW! - To provide optimum performance in all Digital and Voice modes, the front panel "Delay" switch lets you select between a fixed short delay, and a variable long delay. The fixed short delay is approximately 28 ms, and is ideal for modes that require fast switching times (packet, etc.). The variable delay is adjustable from 300 ms to 3 seconds, and is perfect for slow CW and all Voice modes (Repeater Linking, Remote Base, Voice Keyer, etc.).
- Supports All Available Data & Voice Modes NEW! - The SL-1+ supports ALL Digital and Voice modes that are available for sound card interfaces. This includes ALL traditional modes such as CW, RTTY, AMTOR, and SSTV (to name a few), and ALL new modes such as PSK-31, MT-63, and Internet Repeater Linking.
- External Speaker Support - If you like to listen to your radio’s audio while operating, then you’ll appreciate the front panel Auxiliary audio output jack. This jack will accept an external speaker or headphone and can be configured to be active when the SignaLink is ON or OFF. It can also be set to ALWAYS ON.
- Flexible Power Requirements - Even with the addition of new features, the SL-1+ consumes so little power that it can be powered by the Accessory Voltage found on most radio Mic, and Accessory connectors. This makes for a very simple and clean installation. On radios that don’t have power available, we have provided an external power jack on the rear panel (matching power plug included with unit).
- Front Panel Switches and Indicators - A front panel ON/OFF switch is provided to prevent accidental transmissions. The receive signals are still enabled in the OFF position for convenience in monitoring activity. Bright LEDs are provided to indicate Power, Delay, and PTT status.
Price of the SL1+: 98,00 EURO to order visit the QRPproject shop
Every SignaLink is supplied with the following items:
- Fully Assembled Detachable Radio Cable - Cables for allmost any Radio in Stock. Ask for your radio cable
- Software CD - This CD contains the latest programs for all of the most popular modes including PSK-31, SSTV, MT-63, CW, RTTY & AMTOR. Software for other modes can be downloaded from our SignaLink Software Page. The entire Tigertronics web site with all of the latest support information (including jumper settings) is also included on the CD.
- 2.1 mm Power Plug - This can be used to power the the SignaLink from an external power supply if it cannot be powered from the radio (see the SignaLink manual for more information).
- Jumper Wires - These are used to configure the SignaLink for your specific radio. No soldering is required - The jumpers simply push into a socket on the circuit board! The SignaLink software CD contains jumper settings for the most popular radios. Settings for other radios can be easily obtained by following the step-by-step procedure in the SignaLink manual, or by contacting our Technical Support Staff.
- Printed Installation Manual - The SignaLink manual contains both step-by-step, and "quick" installation instructions for users of all experience levels. Troubleshooting Tips and an Audio Level Adjustment procedure are also included.
- FREE Telephone Tech Support - If you have any questions, or if you need assistance with the installation of your SignaLink, our Technicians are available to help you. Click here for information on contacting Tech Support.
Power Supply: 6.75 - 15 Volts DC @ 10 ma (nominal)
Freq Response: 100Hz - 30KHz
In/Out Impedance: 600 Ohm (nom)
Attenuation: Radio to Sound Card - Adjustable
Sound Card to Radio - Adjustable
Auto-PTT Delay: Fast - 28 milliseconds
Variable - 300 ms to 3 seconds
PTT Circuit: MOSFET Transistor
Rating - 15 Volts @ 75ma (max)
Radio Connector: Mic, Spkr, Pwr, PTT - RJ-45
Spkr - 3.5mm Mono
Sound Card Conn: Mic Input - 3.5mm Stereo
Spkr Output - 3.5mm Stereo
Other Connectors: Aux. Spkr - 3.5mm Mono
Aux. Power - 2.1mm Coaxial
Case: Extruded Aluminum - 6061T4
Dimensions: 1.1" x 2.7" x 3.2"
Operating Temp: -30C to +60C